Search This Blog

Monday, October 11, 2010

Rendering Techniques


This set of drawings uses different rendering techniques on the same chair. I am very happy with the way these chairs turned out, especially the Cross-Hatching, Line Value, Border Composition, and High Contrast. This chair is not very linear and so the plane changes are subtle if seen at all. This made it challenging to show depth and the actual form of the chair, but I think I managed to work with each technique to highlight the chair as best as I could. The true test with these is to step back a bit and view the chairs from a distance; if you can see the form of the chair clearly from far away, then I think the technique was successful.

1 comment:

  1. Yes ofcurse. I like the way.. But exploration part may improve more.

    ReplyDelete